Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flash game

Just a little post today, since I don't have much time. Abiture test in germany, you know.
I guess you know this little game, if not, play it. Share your time/score here (classic mode), I'd be interested. AND! Please share your gender as well, because I'd like to see if there's some tendency in image recognition ;) Maybe you can see a bias here.
Well, here's the link:
http://armorgames.com/play/5542/starlight-2
I guess I like the game because I am fascinated by the way how we can recognize patterns and images very fast without really being able to tell why. This is one of the reason there aren't really much physical useful robots yet: They can't recognize their surroundings by imagery because its a very calculation-intensive process for them to even tell a door from a window. Well, as I said, time runs by and I got to learn some physics as well. See you soon and play the game, share your highscore ;)
I'll add my highscore ASAP.

23 comments:

  1. Nice game :) got 13990 / 8:21:394 on classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a 15670 MALE. in 5 1/2 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its pretty cool... but its not hard to understand :) I mean, what you do say about robots not being able to easily recognize their surroundings is true, but remember that this is a game and it uses a platform, Adobe Flash (was about to write Macromedia, hahaha!!). The game is actually pretty simple... it also uses another 3D platform (I'm guessing, since last time I had Adobe Flash it was the version 7, and not its like 10) integrated with Adobe Flash, and it rotates the image until your mouse goes on top of an invisible button, which when you roll over will lead to another action.
    Hope it was easy to understand :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course. I didn't mean how the game recognizes patterns, but how HUMANS do that this fast. I mean, I was fascinated by the way WE get the pattern that fast. Of course the game has just a predefined point per image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, there goes 2 hours of my day. :) Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my score is 12290 in easy mode...very interesting game

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good little time waster.. Now back to study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got 15678 i saw someone on the highest score get 25,000 :| na but good post, i enjoy'd the game alot because of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mad fun, this game. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. checked it out. Pretty decent game, although you can pretty much guess where you have to be looking at it from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stuff like this. :D

    I got 12830, Male 10:17 (I obviously blame my trackpad for the low score).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun, but like most of these kinds of games, I kind of sucked. =/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got 15990 and took me 5:01
    I'm male...

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10k male and forgot time :P well nice game :)

    ReplyDelete