You may already know it since it's not very new. I didn't and I think it's fucking great.
Now, tell me what you think. This damn thing costs like 9400 EUR. Its really damn awesome, don't you think you'd need such a thing? I do.
I looked a bit deeper in how it works and discovered ReactiVision, which is a framework for building such stuff.
I am at the moment learning SuperCollider. I'll take a look if I can build such a thing myself, it should be possible.
- A beamer for feedback, i.e. projection of lines and circles etc. on the table
- A nice webcam for capturing user input
- a decent PC for the software
- a program, that parses the stuff the webcam sees = reactivision
- a gateway, which is written in Java, takes the parsed stuff and sends sound signals to the supercollider server
- a supercollider server that can synthesize such stuff
- a decent soundcard for nice output
- a glass plate, and this is not as easy as it sounds, since it has to be a fish-eye-lense or something similar I believe; otherwise, I'd have to make the table really high so that the webcam and the beamer are far enough away.
Greets and keep up reading!